IDG MARKETINGFIT WORKSHOP ATTENDEE
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICAL RULES
- NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The IDG MarketingFit Workshop Attendee Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 8:30 AM PT on Tuesday, June 26, 2018, and ends at 11:00 AM PT on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY:The Sweepstakes is open to participants who: (a) have been invited by Sponsor to attendee the MarketingFit Workshop, (b) are 18 years or older at time of participation, and (c) are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, or Canada (except Quebec). Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, and members of their immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and/or those living in the same households (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win.
- HOW TO ENTER:No workshop participation is required to enter or win. Attendance will not increase your chance of winning. You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways:
(1) All IDG MarketingFit Workshop attendees will be entered into the drawing; or
(2) To enter without attending the workshop, send an email with your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and
complete e-mail address, in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Sweepstakes Drawing – IDG MarketingFit Workshop”
in your email.
All entries must be received by 11:00 AM PT on Tuesday, June 26, 2018. Limit one entry per person. Entry must be original and no
mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted; facsimiles or other reproductions are not allowed. Late, incomplete, computer-generated
script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network
server or other connection; miscommunication; failed telephone, modem, broadband, or computer transmission; technical failure; jumbled,
scrambled, or misdirected transmission; late, lost, incomplete, delayed, or misdirected entries; or other error of any kind whether human,
mechanical, or electronic. All entries and survey responses become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or
- PRIZE; ODDS OF WINNING: One winner will be randomly selected to win a $27,500 marketing assesment. The odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Taxes on the prize and all expenses not specified related to acceptance and use of the prize are winner’s responsibility. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. No prize transfers or cash or other substitutions, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value in the event advertised prize (or any component thereof) is unavailable.
- SELECTION OF WINNER:The winner will be selected from among all qualified, timely entries in a random drawing to be held within seven (7) days after the entry deadline. If the selected winner is a Canadian resident, he or she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to claim a prize. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION:Potential winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address specified in the entry. Each potential winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to acknowledge the potential winner’s desire to receive the prize within ten (10) days, and each potential winner may be required to (i) provide his or her e-mail address and full mailing address for the purpose of receiving the prize, which address must be within the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, or Canada (except Quebec), (ii) verify his or her social security number, and (iii) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 form or other IRS form, and where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request. If (a) Sponsor does not receive a potential winner’s complete response within the time specified in the prize notification, (b) a prize notification or the prize is returned as undeliverable, (c) a potential winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor’s instructions, (d) a potential winner otherwise fails to claim the prize properly, or (e) a potential winner is determined to be ineligible, then that potential winner’s prize will be awarded to a replacement potential winner drawn at random from the pool of remaining eligible entrants. The replacement potential winner will need to satisfy all of the requirements of these Official Rules. This process will be repeated until the prize is awarded. It is the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. A winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e mail address associated with a winning entry. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
- GENERAL:Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable laws. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding with respect to all Sweepstakes matters. These Official Rules will be posted at URL throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the survey process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in any manner it deems to be unsportsmanlike or in violation of the Official Rules. Any promotion materials including, without limitation, the e-mail or web page announcing the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, which contain production, printing or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor’s liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. Recipients of such materials release Sponsor, its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (“Sweepstakes Entities”) from any and all losses, claims or damages that may result therefrom.
- RELEASES:As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs or losses to person including injury or death, property, or reputation which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize awarded. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of the prize. Winner grants to Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) the unrestricted right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media, now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, state of residence, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation or right of review or approval for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. THE PRIZE IS GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR “AS-IS.” SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL, WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE PRIZE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
- ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by participant relating to this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s agencies in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Boston or Framingham, Massachusetts.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, send a written request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: Lynn Holmlund, IDG Communications, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701. Winner’s list requests must reference the name of the Sweepstakes (the “IDG MarketingFit Workshop”) and must be received within six (6) months of the drawing date. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR:The Sweepstakes is sponsored by IDG Communications, Inc, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701 (“Sponsor”).