Tech & Marketing News from IDG

April 17, 2017

Share with a Friend


Bloomberg (4/16)

The revised bid is worth $18 a share in cash, up from a previous offer of $13.25, the companies said in a joint statement. The new deal, which has the backing of MoneyGram’s board, values all the common and preferred stock at $1.2 billion, it said.


CIO (4/14)

Other tech companies like Google and Uber, alongside car manufacturers like Tesla and BMW, have also received permits to test their self-driving technology on public roads. Uber’s permit was recently secured in March, but the company had been conducting rogue trials for a while.

The Drum (4/14)

Despite parallels being drawn, Instagram has continued to roll out a slew of features designed to take aim at Snapchat's user pool in the past few months, including updates to its Direct messaging service to make it more ephemeral.

VentureBeat (4/14)

The company confidentially filed for an IPO late last year, VentureBeat has learned, and is valued at $1.6 billion after a fourth round of funding of $80 million that closed last week. It could go public as early as this fall, though that could change, sources close to the situation said.”

Computerworld (4/14)

Several potential buyers have been identified in reports, including Apple, according to Bloomberg's news service. If Apple were to purchase a stake in Toshiba's semiconductor business, it would be a departure for a company that has historically outsourced most of its parts and labor.





VentureBeat (4/16)

While Singapore and Switzerland are starting to swing open the doors as the only two jurisdictions in the world where tokens are treated as an asset and not as a security, the SEC is dragging its heels, which is not good for American innovators who want to raise funds using these unique financial instruments or for Europeans and Asians who want to open up to U.S. investors.”
How CMOs Select The Marketing Tools They Use

Forbes (4/16)

The world of marketing has become incredibly complex. On top of it, the number and type of marketing tools CMOs have to choose from has exploded. It’s simply not easy to understand where to turn to identify and pick the best tool to solve specific problems.”



Adweek (4/16)

The two behemoths are poised to gobble up a staggering 60.4 percent of this year’s $83 billion U.S. digital advertising market, with the remaining 39.6 percent split among all other publishers and platforms, per eMarketer. Moreover, a report from trade group Digital Content Next claims that 90 percent of the growth in digital spend between 2015 and 2016 went to one or the other.

Adweek (4/15)

We’ve made some additional improvements recently, and we want to explain them here today. These changes help us detect fake accounts on our service more effectively—including ones that are hard to spot. We’ve made improvements to recognize these inauthentic accounts more easily by identifying patterns of activity—without assessing the content itself.'

VentureBeat (4/16)

The critical element for a loyalty marketer is to get people 'locked in' to their program so that, in a choice between two comparable products/services, a customer defaults to the brand with the loyalty program.

CIO (4/14)

When true, fully operable quantum systems come online, they will force the IT industry, public and private sector organizations and individuals to fundamentally rethink certain kinds of problems and all but abandon some conventional solutions.



eMarketer (4/17)

Roughly 60% of buyers in China said that as long as the price is right, they’re not too concerned about the product’s place of origin. Just over five in 10 US buyers said the same. When it comes to the specifics, cross-border digital buyers in China are simply less bothered than their US counterparts by things like overseas operations and trust in domestic vs. foreign stores.



MediaPost (4/14)

Fewer than half of marketers utilize data to segment their email marketing outreach, per the report, suggesting the majority of marketers still send the same email to their entire subscriber list. Just 35% of marketers used demographic data to segment email campaigns, while 31% of respondents incorporated geographic data into their outreach.

Connect with Us

IDG Facebook Page IDG Twitter IDG LinkedIn

IDG Communications, Inc   492 Old Connecticut Path  P.O. Box 9208  Framingham  MA   01701   USA 

This email was sent to you because you are subscribed to Tech & Marketing News from IDG. 

Update your email preferences | Unsubscribe | Privacy policy